Our 2024 Legislative Priorities
1. Increase investments in Infant and Early Childhood Mental Health (IECMH) Consultations
2. Make Child Care Available to More Families
3. Increase ECEAP Entitlement Capacity
Advocacy is for everyone.
It takes all of us to make big change.
Advocacy Pods are open to all members of the early learning spectrum who live in the same legislative district, including: Child care providers, parents, Family, Friend & Neighbor caregivers, BrightSpark staff and board members, and community partners. Each Pod meets with their elected officials to share the realities of what it’s like to navigate finding and offering care in their neighborhoods.
The last several years have brought significant changes like the passage of the Washington Fair Start for Kids Act, increased early learning investments from the Pierce County Council, changes to child care access for families experiencing houselessness, and momentum at the federal level to make big changes in early learning.
In 2023, our amazing advocates helped to:
• Increase the Non-Standard Hours Bonus to $135 per month for providers
• Continue the distribution of Equity Grants & Complex Needs funds
• Eliminate background check fees for current and future providers
Stay updated about our upcoming campaigns and news. Join our newsletter.