As BrightSpark Early Learning Services continues to spread the word about our new name and brand identity, it is important for everyone to know that “child care” is still a foundational component of who we are and what we do. Our transition from “child care” to “early learning” means that while we still offer the same resources for children, caregivers, and providers in traditional child care settings, we have expanded our programs to serve even more members of our community.
Your support helps us continue to expand our programming to meet the needs of our community. Continue reading below to see how we support children, caregivers, and providers in both traditional child care settings and beyond, and remember that if you give before Wednesday, May 3, your gift will be matched by a generous community donor!
Support for children, families, and child careproviders
We continue to be ready to help those navigating traditional child care spaces! From families seeking affordable, culturally-relevant care options to providers looking to improve their child care centers, we have support available. We offer:
- Free, online and over-the-phone consultations through the Child Care Aware of Washington’s Family Center.
- Subsidies to make child care more affordable for families.
- Professional development opportunities and one-on-one coaching for child care providers and educators.
- And so much more!
Helping children and caregivers outside of traditional child care spaces
As our programs have expanded, the beacon guiding our decisions has always been the needs of the community and meeting those needs with community-based, culturally-attuned, comprehensive services. To do so, on top of the services mentioned above, we also offer:
- Support for children and caregivers that rely on Family, Friend, and Neighbor care.
- Mental health support for children, families, and caregivers/educators.
- Advocacy and coalition-building opportunities for community members looking to get involved and influence policy focused on early learning.
- And so much more!
Your support means we can continue our work nurturing and sustaining child-centered, antiracist early learning communities – both inside traditional child care settings and beyond!